The first part of Weinman’s lecture discussing the basic “go to the cloud” and demonstrating cloud environments’ loads of different corporations’ web applications. In this part we will bring 6 scenarios presented by Weinman, each includes a brief analysis and proof of its cost and benefits.
First lets start with several assumptions and definitions:
> > > 5 Basic assumptions Pay-per-use capacity model:
- Paid on use – Paid for when used and not paid for when not used.
- No depend on time – The cost for such capacity is fixed. It does not depend on the time or use of the request.
- Fixed unit cost – The unit cost for on-demand or dedicated capacity does not depend on the quantity of resources requested (you don’t get discount for renting 100 rooms for the same time).
- No other costs – There are no additional relevant costs needed for the analysis.
- No delay – All demand served without any delay.